NeighborWorks® Community Partners Buffalo administers City of Buffalo Programs for Buffalo’s North District. If your property falls inside the boundary line, you may be eligible for the programs and services listed below.
If your property falls inside the boundary line, you may be eligible for the following income-based programs and services listed below:
For low and moderate income owner-occupants, interest-free loan and conditional grant combinations are available to help you make emergency repairs. Requests for assistance should be limited to a single emergency item only. Upon inspection, two or more emergency needs may result in disqualification.
To be eligible:
- Property must be in generally good condition (free from structural issues and significant health and safety hazards)
- You must meet income guidelines (household income at or below 80% of the HUD median income, adjusted for family size; the income limit for all city repair programs)
- You must have owned and occupied the home for at least 1 year prior to application
- Real estate taxes, water and User Fee bills must be current
Qualifying repairs include:
- Leaking roof
- Hazardous chimney
- Break in sanitary system or water service
- Electrical hazards at the main panel
- Defective heating system
- Defective hot water storage heater
- Water meter installation
For emergency assistance, please contact us at (716) 877-3910 or email@example.com.
The 50/50 program is designed to match private financing with conditional grants to help you make renovations and bring your property into compliance with local standards.
Keep your house nice and cozy with funding of up to $5,000 to make weatherization related improvements.
This program provides grant funding to make repairs for one- or two-family homes on specified target streets. If you live in the target area and are income eligible, you may be able to receive a grant:
- 144-335 Dearborn
- 78-258 East
- 1-18 St. Francis
- 1-55 Hoffman
- 54-125 Gorton
- 68-176 Thompson
- 33-158 Hamilton
These programs and services have been made available with the assistance of the City of Buffalo/City of Buffalo Urban Renewal Agency through the Community Development Block Grant and HOME Programs.
***Please contact (716) 885-2344 ext. 13 or ext. 14 to discuss qualifications before starting a Compass account.
Learn more about buying your first home, talk to experts and lenders, ask questions